Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tsunami

It’s insane really. Crazy how in an instant you can see someone and feelings come flooding back like a tsunami. As I was walking out of the gym today with my kids in tow, I ran into this guy. Instantly before I could even understand what was happening, feelings from years ago came caving in on me and took my breath away – literally. I have no idea who this guy was, nor did he know me…but I’ll be damned if he did not look just like someone I once had a thing for.... He must have thought I was insane as I took a double take and cracked out a weak, “Hi.” Wow what a resemblance! But even more shocking than the resemblance, were the feelings that I instantly started feeling in every cell of my body. We are not talking butterflies…it felt more like horses running wild... I was nervous and anxious... and this guy was a complete stranger!! He must have thought I was INSANE.

All of this happened in a mere split second, but the feelings…oh my gosh… the feelings hung on all night. I couldn’t get this guy off my mind. Why is that? I’m attempting to live life right, married, awesome kids, typical urban home, and even a member of the PTA. I’m not looking for anyone or anything to fill a ‘void’…so why is it that it hits like a ton of bricks and lingers? It’s insane. Has it ever happened to you? Do you see someone or hear an old song that takes you back in rush to memories that you thought were buried forever? It really is insane.


I wonder how he's doing?
Originally posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:47 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment