Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Paint...


Young Allie: Painting.
Young Noah: What?
Young Allie: You asked me, what I do for me...
Young Noah: What now?
Young Allie: I love to paint.
Young Noah: Really?
Young Allie: Mmm-hmm. Most of the time I have all these thoughts bouncin' around in my head... but with a brush in my hand, the world just gets kinda quiet.


~The Notebook



The past few months I’ve had all kinds of thoughts bouncin’ round in my head…just like Young Allie in the Notebook. I need a break… call in sick… I like to call them Mental Health Days… you know the days that you call in sick to work, when you really aren’t sick at t’all… but it’s cold outside or rainy or perhaps it’s sunny…but it doesn’t really matter… because your mind just can’t seem to stop bouncin… and you have no motivation to try to contain all those thoughts … or… organize them into something that makes sense… Those are my kind of days… the days I can pick up a paintbrush without anything in mind and let my mind carry me away to some distant far off place where the world IS quiet…where the world doesn’t have to make sense… where time and space do not exist. I love those moments… I love to paint... and when I’ve done just too much for everyone else around me and need to escape… I paint… just me… I paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment